Film Opening Sequence

Blog reflection

Technology:

As i have added more and more posts to my blog i have tried to vary the different programmes used so i can have a lot of practice which i think will be useful in future when deciding on which programmes will work best for certain tasks. Recently i have used SlideShare. This programme is for uploading powerpoints so they can be viewed via the blog. During our film opening planning we have used SlideShare quite a lot for some of our research. For example, audience research. For our prelim task i practiced using Prezi to show all the different aspects of our planning. i wasnt very keen on Prezi as i found it quite confusing to use and there was nothing to tell us how to use the programme. I have probably spent the most time using premiere throughout our filming tasks. the first couple of times we used it i found it very confusing and wasn't sure how to apply different effects for different parts of the footage. For our prelim task i spent a lot of time using premiere and i became more confident in using it and i liked my outcome. I particularly liked the ghosting effect.

Mark out of 20?

I would give my blog around 15/20. I need to include more pictures on my blog to make it easier when giving examples for each topic. E.g Representation. I also need to add more detail to certain parts to make my blog more interesting and in depth. I think i have completed tasks well and done what i have been asked to do, including my own knowledge.

More thorough or less complacent?

I reckon i could be more thorough with quite a few of my posts e.g Mise En Scene. There is a lot more i could write and i could also add some pictures for examples of what Mise En Scene actually is. I think this would make it more interesting for the person viewing my blog and it would also make a lot more sense to them. I don't think i've really been complacent as i have tried to fit in quite a lot to all my posts to make the topic quite obvious however i think it could be better if i added images to some of the less interesting posts.

Is it fun to look through?

I think my blog is fun to look through as i try to change the design and text quite often so it isn't boring and 'same' looking. I prefer the colour of my text to the original black text as i think it makes it more interesting to look at. I have also changed the text setting so the colour of the text changes as and when you hover over it and also once you have already visited a certain link. However i do think i need to add a few more pictures to my blog to make it stand our more and to make it more interesting. 

Learning journey 

The learning journey is evident as when i started posting on my blog you can see how little i knew about media and as i have been doing media for longer my posts have got more in depth and more detailed. If you look at my first practice edit using premiere compared to my prelim task, the difference is very noticeable and you can tell how far i have come with using different programmes. I have also improved on written posts and understand a lot more about the theories in media than i knew in the beginning.

Targets

To improve my blog i think i need to add more photos to make it more visual and interesting. I also think i need to keep practicing using premiere to get as good as i can be and make my videos as good as they can be. I should probably change the layout quite often to stop it being boring.